Having been led by the Spirit of God to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord by faith, and having publicly confessed Him by baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we freely and joyfully recognize the covenant our Heavenly Father has established for us with Himself through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. We commit ourselves by the grace of God working in us, to walk together according to the commandments of the Lord Jesus Christ (1 John 1:3).
We commit ourselves to maintain family and private worship, to rear our children in the nature and Spirit of the Lord, to seek the salvation of all members of our own families and of our acquaintances, and to strive for maturity in ourselves and in our fellow Christians.
We commit ourselves to follow Christian principles of morality in our daily living; to be ethical in our dealings and faithful in our commitments; to promote the unity of fellowship by proper attitudes and careful speech; and to be zealous in our efforts toward the advancement of the Kingdom of God here and throughout the world.
We commit ourselves to respect the leadership of the Pastors, Elders, Deacons, Small Group Leaders and Directors and encourage them in their efforts to give spiritual oversight and guidance.
We commit ourselves to come under the oversight of a Small Group and to be as faithful as possible in attendance, so that we have fellowship and oversight in our Christian growth. We will seek to know our Pastors, Elders, Deacons, Small Group Leaders and Directors, respecting and supporting them in every way possible.
The men set in delegated authority in this Church and ministry commit themselves to uphold the principles found in Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-14 and to show love, care and respect to all the members of this Body.
OUR CHURCH MEMBERSHIP COVENANT
This Church and Ministry is a local church with a vision to reach as many people as possible with the gospel of Christ. Our primary goal is to create and use all possible methods, which are in the spirit and guidelines of Christ's teaching and to reach out into our community with the love and forgiveness of God. The secondary focus of the ministry is to provide leadership training in order to make disciples of those who have made Jesus Christ the Lord of their lives.
In submitting this covenant request to the Pastors and This Church and Ministry,
You are declaring the following:
- I have asked Jesus Christ into my heart to forgive my sins, and become my Lord and Savior.Though I am not perfect, I desire to serve and obey Him with all my heart.
- If I have been a member of another church or ministry prior to coming here, I confirm that I am not leaving that Church or ministry due to unresolved conflict with the leader or a member of that body. I have done everything in my power to leave that Church or ministry on good terms and with good witness.
- I realize that the Bible speaks of every member of the Body of Christ assuming a portion of the responsibility and work in the Church and ministry, in accordance with my gifts and callings. With the help of the leadership of this Church and ministry, I will use my gifts and abilities for the good of the Kingdom of God. I will also support the work of the ministry here with my tithes and offerings.
- I commit to maintaining family and private worship, to rear my children in the nurture and Spirit of the Lord, to seek the salvation of all members of my own family and of my acquaintances, and to strive for maturity in myself and in my fellow Christians.
- I commit to following Christian principles of morality in my daily living, to ethical in my dealings and faithful in my commitments, to promote the unity of fellowship by proper attitudes and careful speech. To establish a reputation in the community that I am a person of integrity and character, loving my fellow man, and providing no stumbling block of offense to him/her as i seek to zealously share Christ and advance the Kingdom of God here and throughout the world.
- I commit to respect the leadership of the pastors, elders, deacons and home group pastors and encourage them in their efforts to give spiritual oversight and guidance.